Friday, February 22, 2008

labels AND money

Update to post on 2/17 re: charities sending labels to guilt you into sending money. Clearly, I have been bumped to a whole new level. The word was spread that labels alone were not going to cut it. My guilt threshold has been raised. So the full-court press is now on. Yesterday I received another set of labels, accompanied with a real DIME in a little see-through window of the envelope. Yes, they are spending money on me, so I'll spend money on them. VERY tricky. They've changed their tactics. Think about if they saved all those dimes and labels, how much money the charity would have saved. It's like those who collect pennies for 5 years and end up with a few hundred dollars. And they are only looking in couch cushions and gutters. These folks must be dishing out what amounts to thousands of dollars. That's a lot of homeless people to feed or kids to get cancer treatment or priests to hire lawyers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home