Saturday, November 29, 2008

Take life by the balls tour 2008...

Finally finally finally...back on the continent. I was fortunate enough to have been able to take a wonderful multi-week trip to various islands of Hawaii & Australia. Along the way some long time friends were able to join for a few days here and there which was fantastic and made it all that much more fun. It was one of the most amazing experiences I've had and it taught me quite a lot through the adventures along the way. Most of the time we didn't really go with a definite plan of what to see, where to stay, etc., which made it flexible to wing it. I bought the major airline tickets before leaving, but not all the inter-island ones, in case dates needed to flex or I felt like doing something different. In a few places, we went without knowing where we would stay, called or emailed folks for vacation rentals last minute the day before, then traveled to wherever that was the next day. Not typically how I travel, but it was really nice to not have everything planned out and to float wherever the wind takes you.

Anyway, there's 1200 photos, can't fit all that on one blog, so I've downselected quite a bit. As with any trip I've been on, there are always some good stories...in the interest of putting at least some information out there, I'll do pictures first, stories later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home