Friday, February 03, 2006

Haikuland

Sometimes, I just feel like writing in Haikus. For the "un-educated," "uninformed," or those who "don't care about poetry," Haikus are mysterious little quips - 1st line - 5 syllables; 2nd line - 7 syllables; 3rd line - 5 syllables. (In poetry-speak that would be: 5-7-5. I really don't know anything about poetry-speak, I'm talking out my rear end. I just wanted to sound smart and look down my nose at you. Obviously, by telling you this, I don't feel the power. It was worth a try, though. Anyway, a haiku for those toiling away this fine day:

End of day Friday
Hurry up and get here quick
Tired of working.

It's succinct, short, sweet, and lovely. It certainly cuts out all the crap and still conveys the message. I figure, if you can't tell me about it in 17 syllables, it's not worth me listening to you. My attention span is shot after about 8 seconds anyway. So friends, go forth and speak with brevity and directness. I applaud you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home